number of requests in nginx queue

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Jun 25 10:57:26 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 03:24:26AM -0400, ashishadhav wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to find out how many requests are queued ,that is are yet to be
> processed ,in nginx at any given moment.
> From this i wish to calculate if my server is overloaded with requests.

There is no queues in nginx itself.  All requests nginx knows
about are being processed, and various numbers can be seen in
stub_status.

Note well that it's usually important to look at nginx and your
backends listen socket queues.  To find out listen socket queues,
consider your OS docs.  E.g., under FreeBSD "netstat -Lan" shows
various listen queues.  On recent enough versions of Linux, listen
queues can be seen with "netstat -nlt" or "ss -nlt".

http://nginx.org/