[alert] could not add new SSL session to the session cache while SSL handshaking

Alex alex at zeitgeist.se
Tue Mar 4 08:22:48 UTC 2014

Hi!

On 2014-03-03 18:45, Maxim Dounin wrote:
> Note well that configuring ssl_buffer_size to 1400 isn't a good
> idea unless you are doing so for your own performance testing.
> See previous discussions for details.

Maxim, I remember the discussion that was started by Ilya. From what I
understood is that it depends on your specific needs. If you have a
website with standard markup and without serving large files, it seems
reasonable to choose a smaller ssl buffer size to avoid TLS record
fragmentation (and thus optimize time to first byte). On the other hand,
if you deliver large streams, it would seem be counter-productive to
limit the buffer size since you'd occur more bandwidth and processing
overhead.

Or did I misunderstand and you'd still say that a ssl_buffer_size of
1400 is generally a bad idea?

Best
Alex