proxy_store help requested

nginx_newbie_too nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Mar 10 02:34:08 UTC 2014

The 304 response from the upstream server ended up being the culprit. If I
changed the upstream server to have 'if_modified_since off;" and thus always
respond with a 200 and the content, the problem is resolved. To freshen the
mirror, I can then simply remove the mirrored content from the downstream
server; no nginx processes even need to be restarted.

Maxim, this may be obvious to you, but it wasn't to me, and no documentation
pointed me in this direction. As a suggestion, a small note about the
significance of setting i-m-s off on upstream servers in such mirroring
situations in the documentation about proxy_store would  be helpful.

As always, I'm extremely grateful for your work, and for the others that
provide this awesome software.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,248241,248255#msg-248255