When to new directives from mainline trickle down to stable?

John Reeve jreeve at myintervals.com
Thu Mar 13 22:34:28 UTC 2014

Hi!

We are currently using the stable release of nginx. We'd really like to implement the sticky directive that was added to the HTTP Upstream Module in the mainline release in 1.5.7 (http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_upstream_module.html#sticky)

My question is this... how long does it take for a new directive like this to appear in stable? 1.5.7 was released in Nov 2013. I'm wondering if we should move to mainline in our production environment, or wait patiently for sticky to become part of stable.

I've scoured the FAQs and docs but can't find any info on when features trickle down to stable. Any insight you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,
John Reeve