redirect help please... this one's driving me mad!

Steve Holdoway steve at greengecko.co.nz
Fri Mar 21 04:44:12 UTC 2014

I'm tryiing to migrate a site that uses codeigniter behind modx to draw
pages, and this is the block that breaks the site when I remove it
from .htaccess...

        RewriteRule ^$ home [L]
        RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(?:www\.)?([^\.]*)\..*$ [NC]
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/?$
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
        RewriteRule (.*) index.php?q=/_%1/pages/$1 [L,QSA]

Does anyone have an idea on how to rewrite that? From debugging code
added to the site, it seems to go through index.php 3 times for each
page draw!

Any suggestions gratefully received - I can't get my head around the
params from the condition and those from the rule and how to do this in
nginx!

Steve

--
Steve Holdoway BSc(Hons) MIITP