moving servers... https woes.

Steve Holdoway steve at greengecko.co.nz
Tue Mar 25 02:41:29 UTC 2014

Hi Lorne,

Sadly not quite. The change in IP means that the eCommerce part of the
site must be served through https:, but there seems to be a terrible lag
- even though TTL has been set to 5 minutes for weeks - for customers in
picking the change up.

This means that the old IP address needs to handle and forward http and
https, as well as the new one - which means that I can't just terminate
https at the old IP and proxy as http: as the new server forces it back
to https:

Confused? Me too!

Cheers,