Struggling with configuration

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Fri May 9 06:30:17 UTC 2014

On 08/05/14 20:16, Alan Chandler wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am porting some stuff that I had working under Apache to now run
> under Nginx and I have a particular case that I don't know how to deal
> with.
>
> I have a physical directory structure like this
>
> dev/
> dev/myapp/
> dev/myapp/web/
>
> in this directory is an index.php file with the following early in its
> processing
> require_once($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/forum/SSI.php');
>
> dev/test-base/
> dev/test-base/forum/
>
> In this directory is an smf forum, and there is an SSI.php file in here
>
> my nginx configuration for this

>     location /myapp {
>         alias /home/alan/dev/myapp/web;
>         try_files $uri /myapp/index.php;
>         location ~* ^/myapp/(.+\.php)$ {
>                fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-alan.sock;
>                fastcgi_index index.php;
>                fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
> $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
>                include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
>         }
>
>     }
>     include php.conf
I eventually found a solution.  Whether it is the right one I don't
know, but I have to redefine document root after I have included the
common fastcgi_params file.

     location = /myapp {
         rewrite ^ /myapp/ permanent;
     }

     location /myapp/ {
         alias /home/alan/dev/myapp/web/;
         index index.php;
     }

     location ~ ^/myapp/(.*\.php)$ {
         alias /home/alan/dev/myapp/web/$1;
         include fastcgi_params;
         fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_ROOT /home/alan/dev/test-base;
         fastcgi_index index.php;
     #    fastcgi_intercept_errors on;
         fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-alan.sock;

Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk