Nginx Rewrite for Proxy Pass

bwellsnc bwellsnc at gmail.com
Fri May 30 15:55:32 UTC 2014

Hello everyone, I have an interesting issue.  I am using nginx 1.6.0 to
proxy back to my Jira instance.  This is working great within my network.
This is the issue.  I am using a fortigate device to protect my network and
I want to use the https connection in the web portal to access my Jira
instance.  The problem is that jira always expects a
https://jira.internal.example.com, because that is what is set in it's base
url.  The fortigate sends this to nginx:

https://vpn.example.com/proxy/https/jira.internal.example.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Jira see's this as an incorrect path and causing it to not properly.  I am
wanting to know is there a way to rewrite the path that the fortigate is
sending to nginx so that jira believe's its correct.  Thanks!

Brent