Using both keepalive requests and timeout

Das, Jagannath jadas at akamai.com
Thu Nov 20 05:12:03 UTC 2014

Hi All,
   I have a query, I tried setting keep alive_timeout to a non-zero value and found it not working correctly. Are there any related parameters for this?

//Jagannath

From: "Valentin V. Bartenev" <vbart at nginx.com<mailto:vbart at nginx.com>>
Date: Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 1:33 AM
To: "nginx at nginx.org<mailto:nginx at nginx.org>" <nginx at nginx.org<mailto:nginx at nginx.org>>
Subject: Re: Using both keepalive requests and timeout

On Wednesday 19 November 2014 14:52:19 josephlim wrote:
Hi Valentin,
Thank you for clarifying that, however now that makes me wonder about this:
if we set our timeout value to 30s and did not set our requests value, does
this mean that the default requests value of 100 restriction is imposed or
does nginx only respect the timeout value explicitly declared?
Thank you again in advance

This is actually what the default value is about.

You may look to the documentation and see that most of directives have
its own default value that is used when the directive isn't specified
in the configuration.

http://nginx.org/r/keepalive_requests

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev