Proxy buffering

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Tue Nov 25 19:40:49 UTC 2014

Hello again,

Any thoughts about the proxy no_buffer feature?

Proxy buffering (for uploads) is an actual problem for many nginx proxy setups,
because uploads are saved to nginx local disk first while processing,
which makes the uploads slow, and in the case of big upload filesizes
also there's the problem of filling the nginx server disks / temp directories unnecessarily.

The nginx-1.4.2-no_buffer-v8.patch below fixes the problem with nginx 1.4,
but I think you had some comments about the implementation not being directly suitable for upstreaming to nginx.

Are there plans for different implementation of this no_buffer feature?

Thanks,

-- Pasi