Validate Client certificate SDN fields (CN, OU, O, etc..) at Nginx

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue Nov 25 20:44:28 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 10:19:35AM -0500, sandeepkolla99 wrote:

Hi there,

>     I'm trying to validate my client certificate SDN fields (CN, OU, O,
> etc..) at Nginx server. I find so many internet resources for Apache but not
> Nginx. Does Nginx support validating SDN fields. BTW, I'm using Nginx 1.6.2.

What do you understand by the term "validating SDN fields"?

Is it something different from what ssl_verify_client gives?

http://nginx.org/r/ssl_verify_client

You get some of the strings in variables, and you get the whole
certificate in other variables, if you want to do some other processing.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org