uwsgi problems

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Fri Oct 10 05:13:14 UTC 2014

> On 10/09/2014 12:49 PM, Greg Barker wrote:
>> Option #2 should work, here's what I have for my uwsgi site.
>> Double check your permissions on the directory the uwsgi.sock lives
>> in.
>>
>> My nginx conf: location / { uwsgi_pass
>> unix:///var/www/my_app/my_virtualenv/run/uwsgi.sock; include
>> uwsgi_params; }
>
> Changed my configuration to use the unix:/// notation. Still no change
> as I am getting a 50x type error.
>

>> Directory permissions: $ ls -la /var/www/my_app/my_virtualenv/run/
>> total 12 drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 Sep 29 13:03 .
>> drwxr-xr-x 7 www-data www-data 4096 Jul 22 23:05 .. srwxr-xr-x 1
>> www-data www-data    0 Sep 29 13:03 uwsgi.sock
>
> The permission bits match (755), but they are root. On my system
> (Fedora 20 on my laptop; CentOS 7 on my VPS) I do not have a www-data
> user or group.
>
>> My vassal contains: [uwsgi] socket =
>> /var/www/my_app/my_virtualenv/run/uwsgi.sock uid = www-data gid =
>> www-data
>
> I don't have a vassal setup, but that doesn't make a huge difference
> for just testing does it?
>
> Is there a good, current thorough guide that I can follow?

This covers basically any aspect of a production ready-deployments:

http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/WSGIquickstart.html

as you can see it uses tcp sockets when describing nginx integration. This
avoid you to start messing with permissions (btw, the process connecting
to the unix socket, nginx in your case, must have write permission on the
socket).

Read and follow the whole quickstart from start to end, as it
progressively introduces concepts

--
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it