Nginx Reverse proxy + RD Gateway Auth Problem

timbo nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Oct 17 12:24:18 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Nginx is the reverse proxy+ MS Remote Desktop Gateway using SSL, the first
authentication is working, the problem is when I try to open a program in
this environment for example wordpad.exe of session host RD,  it ask for
user and password (I use the same credentials used to connect in RD
Gateway), when the credentials are filled up again, I get the message user
or password are wrong.

My .conf for the context:

     location /RDWeb {   <--- the same context context in IIS
        proxy_pass https://server.domain/RDWeb;
        proxy_set_header Accept-Encoding "";
        proxy_set_header host server.domain;
     }

     location /rpc { <--  the same context context in IIS
        proxy_pass http://server.domain/rpc;
     }

In the log of nginx with debug mode on, show this information:

2014/10/17 09:06:02 [info] 20589#0: *43 client x.x.x.x closed keepalive
connection(this is the only message)

Any help will be appreciated, thank you!

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,254095,254095#msg-254095