CentOS 6.6, SELinux breaks Nginx 1.6.0

mevans336 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Oct 30 18:59:40 UTC 2014

Then that is something that is different with respect to CentOS 6.6, because
the default.conf was just dropped when I re-installed it from the Nginx yum
repository.

-rw-r--r--. root root system_u:object_r:httpd_config_t:s0 default.conf
-rw-r--r--. root root unconfined_u:object_r:httpd_config_t:s0
default.conf.orig

The default.conf above was dropped by a fresh install of the nginx package.
The default.conf.orig was from my previous installation, where I renamed
default.conf to default.conf.orig.

I definitely don't want to disable SELinux, as these are Internet facing
servers.

Perhaps my next step should be to compile Nginx from source and see if it
results in the same errors.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,254456,254471#msg-254471