NGINX redirection issue

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Sep 2 13:58:50 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 02:05:46PM -0400, manish-ezest wrote:

> Hello Maxim,
>
> Like you suggested I have set "recursive_error_pages" to off but still I am
> facing the problem. This time I am getting "504 Gateway Time-out" error. I
> have already shared my NGINX and vhost configuration. We have one fastcgi
> script running for serving error pages which checks the entry of
> sample.xml(contains url) file and redirect the link to particular location.
> If it doesn't find any page then it returns a 404 page. I am pasting the log
> file of fastcgi script as well.

The error is as clear as it could be: your backend failed to
respond in time.  As previously suggested, it may be due to the
fact that it's overloaded.

There are many options on how to fix this:

- Improve your backend performance by optimizing the code.

- Add more resources to the backend cluster (more processes on a
  single server and/or more servers).

- Rethink your nginx configuration to avoid using the script
  (e.g., use nginx configuration to do redirects instead, this
  should be much more efficient).

In either case, everything in your configuration seems to work
correctly as configured.

http://nginx.org/