combine basic auth and ip whitelisting load ip dynamicly

basti black.fledermaus at arcor.de
Thu Apr 9 12:12:32 UTC 2015

Hello I have config to combine basic auth and ip whitelisting like that:

  # combine basic auth and ip whitelisting
  #
http://serverfault.com/questions/242218/how-to-disable-http-basic-auth-in-nginx-for-a-specific-ip-range

  satisfy any;
  include /etc/nginx/myips;
  deny all;

  auth_basic "Restricted";
  auth_basic_user_file /etc/nginx/.htpasswd;

  # end combine basic auth and ip whitelisting

In the past I only use static IP's and that work very well.

Now I use dynamic IP's and want to add IP's to "myips"-file by script.

Is it possible that nginx load the file dynamic on runtime or must I
always reload nginx when an IP is added?