Linux package for Debian "jessie" (8.x)

Daniël Mostertman daniel at mostertman.org
Thu Apr 9 18:03:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've been using the mainline packages with the instructions on
http://nginx.org/en/linux_packages.html for a while now, and the Debian
section mentions to replace "codename" with the actual codename.

On April 25th 2015, Debian will release their new version, codename
"jessie".

I've been running jessie for as long as testing was out, and is now
frozen. The packages created for Debian codename wheezy (current), work
perfectly and without any issues on jessie (upcoming). Perhaps the
release team could also release this version for jessie? It requires no
modifications, at least not for the mainline version.

Currently I'm just using the wheezy line on jessie:

deb http://nginx.org/packages/mainline/debian/ wheezy nginx

Kind regards,

Daniël Mostertman