What is official way to upload nginx.conf on server

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Fri Apr 10 10:09:32 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 04:05:37PM +0800, Jerry OELoo wrote:

Hi there,

> So currently, I will upload file to /home/doc folder, then use 'sudo
> mv' to deploy nginx.conf. Then I will reload nginx with command line.
>
> I want to know what is recommend way to do this? Thanks!

I think that there isn't one, because nginx does not care how files get
where they get. All nginx cares about is that the config file that it
is told to read is readable.

Your site or system administrator may have their own policy -- edit the
file in-place; "sudo mv" as you do; or use a configuration management
system to deploy the newest tested revision of the config.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org