rewrite rules issue

nicocolt nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Apr 20 08:12:11 UTC 2015

Hi Francis,

I have set a new server block, but i'm facing with the initial problem.

So let me re-explain it.

Now i have:

server name stuff.domain.fr
root /var/www/domain.fr/web/subdomain;

In the subdomain directory i have foo firectory
/var/www/domain.fr/web/subdomain/foo/

so now in my browser when i reached  stuff.domain.fr i see the page
index.html in subdomain folder. But if i reached

stuff.domain.fr/foo, i'm redirected to stuff.domain.fr/subdomain/foo/ ->
404
stuff.domain.fr/foo/, i see the page index.html in foo folder

Well i'm lost, two days trying to make this work. Seems that the trailling
slah has an impact on how the request is handle by nginx.

Thanks for your help
Best regards,
Nico

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,258184,258208#msg-258208