How does nginx set End of Life for older versions?

deoren nginx-users-list at whyaskwhy.org
Wed Apr 29 13:40:30 UTC 2015

Hi,

I turned to the official website and Google, but I couldn't find a definitive answer re how older branches go End of Life. For example, now that the 1.8 stable branch has been created, what are the plans for the 1.6 branch? Will future updates be made available to that branch or is it no longer maintained?

On a related note, if a branch is listed under "Legacy versions", does that mean it will no longer receive updates?

Thanks.