nginx RFC21266 Compliance - 'Proxy-Connection'

Tyarko Leander Rodney youcanpoint at me.com
Tue Aug 25 20:03:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

I’ve posted this question on the IRC before but had no luck. I have the following problem:

I’d like to disable the ‘Proxy-Connection’ Response Header. I know, that the “Connection” Header is hard coded in ngx_http_header_filter_module.c, but does the same apply to “Proxy-Connection” (couldn’t find it in the sources)?

I’ve tried the more_clear_headers from the ngx_headers_more module and  proxy_set_header(which both work fine with all other headers).

Background: The ‘Proxy-Connection’ sadly violates our Server Policy (strict RFC21266 compliance).

Kind regards

T. Rodney