HTTP/2 Gateway

bjunity at gmail.com bjunity at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 14:00:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

i've tried to use nginx as http/2 gateway for backends which only
supporting HTTP 1.1. If a backend is already HTTP/2 ready, than HTTP/2
should be used.

When i test my configuration (simple proxy_pass / upstream), the connection
from nginx to the backend is always HTTP 1.1 (even if the backend supports
HTTP/2).

Is there a possiblity to speak HTTP/2 also to the backends?

I've used "proxy_http_version 1.1" in my configuration (no other setting
(higher version or protocol auto-negotiation) available).

Regards,

Bjoern