Nginx Load Balancer - Random file named "download" when using Chrome.

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 30 10:52:05 UTC 2015

nginx serves content, but does not generate it.
If users download anything, it is either related to the application or to
the client (browser module?).

I suggest you check both sides to find where/how this URI is generated and
why it is accessed.
The incorrect MIME type means a backend has badly positioned a Content-Type
header, or in its absence nginx has been configured to serve this URI as
application/octet-stream (cf.
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#default_type).
For its content, as stated before, nginx does not generate it by itself:
you will need to find its source.

​Happy debugging,​
---
*B. R.*