Need help to configure nginx-varnish-php s

Rajesh Gangula lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Feb 3 22:26:30 UTC 2015

Hi All,

         I am newbie to nginx and would need help configuring
nginx-varnish-php-fpm setup to allow

         Our current setup.

       Nginx Varnish running in same server
       Php-fpm running on different server.

      Varnish is configured to load balance between php-nodes.

      We would like to find a way to access specific php-nodes on demand
instead of getting through the load balancer, is there a way we can do
that with the following setup. This is more of troubleshooting purpose
so we dont want to remove varnish load balancing.

     I am thinking something like when the request to nginx comes as a
specific url it hits specific php node.

   $ cat /etc/nginx/conf.d/upstreams.conf
upstream php-be {

  server php-vip.prod..com:9001;

}

 ==================
   location ~* \.php$ {
    add_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*";

    include                       fastcgi_params;
    fastcgi_index                 index.php;

    fastcgi_split_path_info       ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
    fastcgi_param SERVER_PORT     $forwarded_server_port;
    fastcgi_param PATH_INFO       $fastcgi_path_info;
    fastcgi_param PATH_TRANSLATED $document_root$fastcgi_path_info;
    fastcgi_param REMOTE_ADDR     X.X.X.X;
    fastcgi_param HTTPS           $using_https;

    fastcgi_pass                  php-be;