Debian repository Package list mismatch?

Daniël Mostertman daniel at mostertman.org
Thu Feb 5 15:29:14 UTC 2015

Hi!

We're using Debian 7.x (Wheezy), and because I rather have the latest
version of nginx than the stock or backports version, I decided to add
your repository.
I grabbed the lines from http://nginx.org/en/linux_packages.html and
added them to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nginx.list as follows:

deb http://nginx.org/packages/debian/ wheezy nginx
deb-src http://nginx.org/packages/debian/ wheezy nginx

This works fine after adding the key, however, after running apt-get
update, it displays:

Package: nginx
Version: 1.6.2-1~wheezy
Architecture: amd64
Maintainer: Sergey Budnevitch <sb at nginx.com>

Even though the pool of the repository only contains 1.7.9:

http://nginx.org/packages/mainline/debian/pool/nginx/n/nginx/

And, when I look in the Packages list obtained from your repo, I see the
following:

root at webtv4:/var/lib/apt/lists# grep -A1 'Package:' nginx*
nginx.org_packages_debian_dists_wheezy_nginx_binary-amd64_Packages:Package:
nginx
nginx.org_packages_debian_dists_wheezy_nginx_binary-amd64_Packages-Version:
1.6.2-1~wheezy
--
nginx.org_packages_debian_dists_wheezy_nginx_binary-amd64_Packages:Package:
nginx-debug

Could you please update the package listing of the Debian repository so
that we may enjoy the latest version with all of its wonderful features? :)

Kind regards,

Daniël Mostertman