Expected Server configuration for 100 users

ragavd nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Feb 18 15:56:43 UTC 2015

Hi,
We are configuring the NGINX as a reverse proxy. We are expecting some 100
concurrent users or connections/sessions to be active at any given moment of
time. Right now the server is acting as a reverse proxy for only one
application. These concurrent users will connect predominantly between 6:00
AM to 7:00 PM. Based on this what should be the RAM and CPU configuration
for the NGINX server?

Also is there a guideline or a blog entry which we can use to approximate
the system requirements of NGINX servers based on the concurrent user load?
And also what will be preferred OS for NGINX server?