Required Help on satisfy any setup

mathi nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Feb 24 15:13:26 UTC 2015

I am using 2 layer NGINX. Fist layer NGINX works as a load balancer and
forwards all HTTP traffic another NGINX based on HTTP or HTTPS.

When i setup below conditions its not working.

location / {
 satisfy any;
 allow xx.xx.xx.xx/32;
 allow yy.yy.yy.yy/32;
  auth_basic "Restricted"
 auth_basic_user_file /etc/nginx/password;
}

When I try accessing my / from IP xx.xx.xx.xx its throwing me the 401 error,
This log is not logging on my 2nd layer NGINX, only LB NGINX logging this
information.

If i change allow to any instead of specific IP things works fine. without
401 error. Some one can suggest me why the alloe not working for the
specific IP?

I tried both allow method,

allow xx.xx.xx.xx and allow xx.xx.xx.xx/32;

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,256888,256888#msg-256888