Dropped https client connection doesn't drop backend proxy_pass connection

dgobaud nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jul 14 15:50:29 UTC 2015

Don't think so - config is below and the relevant url is /dashboard_stream

      upstream my_app {
        server unix:///var/run/puma/my_app.sock;
      }

      server {
        listen 80;
        server_name _ localhost; # need to listen to localhost for worker
tier

        if ($http_x_forwarded_proto = "http") { return 301
https://$host$request_uri; }

        location / {
          proxy_pass http://my_app; # match the name of upstream directive
which is defined above