Find out if config file is loaded/used

Oliver Schrenk oliver.schrenk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 09:52:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

we configured load balancing around 10 machines in 2 clusters using symbolic links to various configuration file. We change the symbolic link to a different file if we need to do maintenance on one of the clusters and reload nginx. We are building some automation around this and want to make sure that a specific configuration is used. At the moment we just check the path of the symbolic link but that doesn't necessarily mean that the configuration is live.

Is there a way to query nginx which configuration (file) is loaded?

Cheers,
Oliver