config parsing (fastouter)

kristian kvilekval kris at cs.ucsb.edu
Fri Jun 12 19:28:33 UTC 2015

I am trying to configure fastrouter through environment variable and
running into trouble.

1.  A blank loop still seems to run.. expect that no subscription would
take place?

[uwsgi]
fastrouter_keys=
fastrouter_ip=
fastrouter_port=

# Subscribe this instance to a fastrouter
for=%(fastrouter_keys)
subscribe-to=%(fastrouter_ip):%(fastrouter_port):%(_)
endfor=

and the log ...

subscribing to ::
send_subscription()/sendto(): Invalid argument [core/subscription.c line
665]
send_subscription()/sendto(): Invalid argument [core/subscription.c line
665]
send_subscription()/sendto(): Invalid argument [core/subscription.c line
665]

2.  A list of values is treated single?

export FASTROUTER_KEYS="a b c"

[uwsgi]
fastrouter_keys=$(FASTROUTER_KEYS)
fastrouter_ip=...
fastrouter_port=...

# Subscribe this instance to a fastrouter
for=%(fastrouter_keys)
subscribe-to=%(fastrouter_ip):%(fastrouter_port):%(_)
endfor=

And logs on fastrouter

[uwsgi-subscription for pid 5] new pool: a b c (hash key: 3007)
fastrouter_1 | [uwsgi-subscription for pid 5] a b c => new node:
172.17.1.37:56481

I was expecting to see three separate subscribes.

Any help appreciated.