NTLM or HTTP Digest authentication to Parent proxy

Russel D'Souza rusdso at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 23:00:51 UTC 2015

Hi,

I need to configure a proxy on my machine to use another proxy (installed
on another machine) as the parent proxy. The parent proxy requires HTTP
Digest or NTLM authorization. I want to to set up a local proxy which deals
with the parent proxy's authorization details and provides authorization
free access to programs that access the network through my machine.

[image: Inline image 1]

Basically, as in the above figure the user has to access the Internet going
through an NGINX Proxy (with no auth). Next the NGINX proxy must add the
DIGEST/NTLM usename:password to the message and pass it on to the
DIGEST/NTLM Server and give the results back to the user.

Please let me know if there is any way to resolve this issue using NGINX
and what keywords should I search for to find the relevant steps/docs to do
this. If NGINX does not have this feature, what is the best way to achieve
this ?

Thanks,
 Russel