502 Error Issue

Miguel Clara miguelmclara at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:18:59 UTC 2015

On June 24, 2015 11:45:38 AM GMT+01:00, "mudgil.gaurav" <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:
> [...]
>    worker_connections 1024;
>    multi_accept on;
>    use epoll;
>}
>
>http {
>    ##
>    # Basic Settings
>    ##
>
>    sendfile on;
>    tcp_nopush on;
>    tcp_nodelay on;
>    keepalive_requests 1000;
>    keepalive_timeout 65;
>    send_timeout 15;
>    types_hash_max_size 2048;
>    server_tokens off;
>    client_max_body_size 50M;
>    client_body_buffer_size 1m;
>    client_body_timeout 15;
>    client_header_timeout 15;
>    server_names_hash_bucket_size 64;
>    server_name_in_redirect off;
>
>    include       /etc/nginx/mime.types;
>    default_type  application/octet-stream;
>
>    ##
>    # Logging Settings
>##
>    #access_log on;
>
>    access_log /var/log/nginx/access.log combined;
>    #error_log /dev/null crit;
>    error_log /var/log/nginx/error.log error;
>

>    #gzip  on;
>    gzip on;
>    gzip_static on;
>    gzip_disable "msie6";
>    gzip_vary on;
>    gzip_proxied any;
>    gzip_comp_level 6;
>    gzip_min_length 512;
>    gzip_buffers 16 8k;
>    gzip_http_version 1.1;
>    gzip_types text/css text/javascript text/xml text/plain
>text/x-component
>    application/javascript application/x-javascript application/json
>    application/xml  application/rss+xml font/truetype
>application/x-font-ttf
>    font/opentype application/vnd.ms-fontobject image/svg+xml;
>
>    open_file_cache max=2000 inactive=20s;
>    open_file_cache_valid 60s;
>    open_file_cache_min_uses 5;
>    open_file_cache_errors off;
>
>    fastcgi_buffers 256 16k;
>    fastcgi_buffer_size 128k;
>    fastcgi_busy_buffers_size 256k;
>    fastcgi_temp_file_write_size 256k;
>    fastcgi_connect_timeout 300;
>    fastcgi_send_timeout 300;
>    fastcgi_read_timeout 300;
>    fastcgi_intercept_errors on;
>reset_timedout_connection on;
>
>    upstream fastcgiservers {
>        least_conn;
>        server xxx.xxx.xx.xx:9000;
>        server xxx.xxx.xx.xx:9000;
>        server xxx.xxx.xx.xx:9000;
>        server xxx.xxx.xx.xx:9000;
>       }
>
>    include /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf;
>    include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*;
>}
>
>location ~ \.php$ {
>        try_files $uri =404;
>        include fastcgi_params;
>        fastcgi_pass fastcgiservers;
>        fastcgi_index index.php;
>      fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;

php logs would be useful but I can notice at least that the value for pm.max_requests is too low. I've made the same mistake in the first times I've setup php-fpm servers, IMHO you should defiantly set a value, but such a low values means php respaws a lot in a very short period of time... I would recommend something higher that 10000...

Also I've been having better results with ondemand  but that might be related to a lot of different things, but you might also give it a try if you like.

hope this helps