unknown directive "thread_pool"

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Jun 25 17:21:04 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 06:55:05PM +0300, Maxim Konovalov wrote:

Hi there,

> it seems that you start to learn Russian! :-)

That's the joy of machine translation :-)

I hope I didn't end up answering the wrong question.

> Valentin wrote a good blog post about threads:
>
> http://nginx.com/blog/thread-pools-boost-performance-9x/
>
> There is a complete and simple configuration in the "Configuring
> Thread Pools" section, near the end of the post.

Thanks for the pointer; I've had a read through it. It looks
generally good -- but it does show the thread_pool directive
at http level: possibly either that or the documentation at
http://nginx.org/en/docs/ngx_core_module.html#thread_pool should be
updated to be consistent?

I think the original poster has the answers wanted -- thread_pool goes
outside http, and probably isn't needed on FreeBSD for file reads --
so it all looks good.

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org