Static content

smsmaddy1981 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jun 30 11:19:55 UTC 2015

Hi,
I have NGinx 1.8.0 installed successfully and configured NGinx... with
upstream servers provided. NGinx and Services are deployed on separate
machines. Now, when an request is made via NGinx, the service is invoked
resulting in UI with no static content loaded.

I have tried root, rewrite directives... to specify the static content path
on another server (workspace.corp.test.no), which didn't helped. I might be
wrong with configuration. Pls. assist

    server {
       listen 80;
       server_name workspace.corp.test.no;

       location ~"*\.(js|jpg|png|css)$" {
           root /workspace/WEB-INF/classes/static;
           expires 30d;
       }

       location /{
          proxy_pass http://workspace.corp.test.no/workspace/agentLogin/;

And, the above configuration is expecting static content on the server where
NGinx is installed, when an request is made. But, I expect the static
content to be expected from remote server.

Best regards,
Maddy

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,259989,259989#msg-259989