Fastcgi_cache sometimes returns statuscode 500

mastercan nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Mar 2 13:04:53 UTC 2015

Maxim Dounin Wrote:
> This makes me think that it is just a cached 500 response from
> your backend then.  If in doubt, you can obtain details using
> debug log, see http://wiki.nginx.org/Debugging.

I also considered that, but then I'd need to have at least hundreds of 500
status codes since other users are hitting the same page some seconds before
or later. They get status code 200 though with a valid response. I even
looked at the content of the cache file and it seemed ok.

Thanks for the link - I'll turn on debugging for the error log and see if I
can find something.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,256977,256983#msg-256983