add_before_body

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Mar 4 23:07:50 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 05:30:22PM -0500, neophyte wrote:

Hi there,

> I can't manually add it to each file because I use a include *.comf, I just
> need Nginx to perform add_before_body without it being in each server block.

I'm afraid that I have failed to understand what you want to configure
nginx to do.

So I will describe what you have configured nginx to do, and perhaps
you or someone will be able to see where "what you want" and "what you
have" differ.

When you request http://localhost/index.html, nginx will send the content
of the file /usr/local/nginx/htdocs/subsites/dropletlocal/index.html,
prefixed by whatever your fastcgi server
returns when it is asked to process the file
/usr/local/nginx/htdocs/subsites/dropletlocal/subsites/dropletlocal/library/global/func-global.class.php.

When you request http://one.es.vc/index.html, nginx will send the content
of the file /usr/local/nginx/htdocs/subsites/one/index.html prefixed by
whatever your fastcgi server returns when it is asked to process the file
/usr/local/nginx/htdocs/subsites/one/subsites/dropletlocal/library/global/func-global.class.php.

Your 500 included .conf files already have many lines the same in
them. It is not clear to me why you can't add one more "include
the_add_before_body_bit;" line to each. But I'm sure you have your
reasons.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org