gzip_types not working as expected

Frederik Nosi frederik.nosi at postecom.it
Wed Mar 11 13:11:09 UTC 2015

Hi,
On 03/11/2015 01:09 PM, Grant wrote:
>> gzip is not working on my piwik.js file according to Google at
>> developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights.  It's working fine on
>> my CSS file.  How can I troubleshoot this?
>>
>> gzip on;
>> gzip_disable msie6;
>> gzip_types text/javascript application/x-javascript text/css text/plain;

You probably miss  application/javascript in your list, or the size of
your javascript in question is less then the (default ?) minimum size
for gizp to be done, check the official documentation for this.

Anyway, an easy way to check if you are missing a mime type on your gzip
list is to open your page with firebug (or similar) enabled and check
the type and size of the particular resource.