Fake video sharing Android App !!

shahzaib shahzaib shahzaib.cb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 11:09:30 UTC 2015

Guys, someone cloned our videosharing website and created a FAKE android
application using same name as our website and people considering it as our
app, which is not. The main problem we're facing is, the videos being
served from this android application are hotlinked to our server due to
which we're the one affected by its bandwidth cost.

Webserver is nginx and hotlinking is already enabled but the issue with no
Referer_Header for the requests being generated by this android
application.

What precautions should we take to prevent this application by using our
server's bandwidth ?

Regards.
Shahzaib