testing nginx.conf fails

mac-989 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Mar 19 03:15:55 UTC 2015

This is a new install of 1.6.2 on linux dedi (centOS).  I have the following
in my nginx.conf file:

fastcgi_cache_path /dev/nginx-cache levels=1:2 keys_zone=WORDPRESS:10m
max_size=1024m inactive=60m;

When testing the configurations (nginx -t), I get the following error
message:

nginx: [emerg] "fastcgi_cache_path" directive is not allowed here in
/etc/nginx/nginx.conf:82

I have reviewed many suggested configurations and all place the
fast_cache_path statement, in some similar form, in nginx.conf.  Why is this
consistently failing?  I thank everyone in advance for their assistance.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,257421,257421#msg-257421