Intermittent SSL Handshake Errors

tempspace nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Mar 21 15:59:17 UTC 2015

I should specify that I agree with what is happening. We have clients that
are falling back under normal conditions, and the latest libssl that
implemented fallback prevention for TLS is stopping.  I have downgraded our
libssl and I'm looking in my logs, and I see plenty of iOS 8 devices that
auto-negotiate to TLS 1.2 that end up with a TLS 1.0 session. When the new
libssl is installed, these connections get blocked.

Is there a way to turn off the fallback prevention for TLS on the server
side while we try to figure out what's happening?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,256373,257524#msg-257524