Installed nginx with iredmail; how to add web content & test without DNS change

gariac nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat May 2 00:50:51 UTC 2015

I think I failed to explain my problem correctly. It seems to me whatever I
do for the test would be on the server side, not client side. Studying your
reply, I think your solution maps domain.com to ipaddress (dotted quad) from
the client side. What I need to do is have the one ip address I have for the
server  host iredmail and my website.

Iredmail creates an index.html in /var/www with contents

    <head>
    </head>

I created a /var/www2 with a different index.html, but I don't see how nginx
would know which directory to use.

I was able to get nginx working with my website prior to having iredmail on
the same server. Having both services on the same server is what confuses
me.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,258551,258570#msg-258570