Static files bad loading time

shahzaib shahzaib shahzaib.cb at gmail.com
Thu May 7 18:27:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

   There are some tweaks required to nginx configurations. If the same
image which usually takes second to response can takes upto 10-20 seconds
to load, the wide guess would be exceeding concurrent connections at peak
traffic. The directive worker_rlimit_nofile value is set much lower as
compare to worker_connections. Nginx uses upto 2 file descriptors per
connections, so i would suggest to increase worker_rlimit_nofile value to
124000.

Also, default keepalive_timeout value is 65sec due to which your current
nginx configuration is not optimized to serve more than 2000 concurrent
connections. Here's how :

(Worker_process)4 * 32768(worker_connections) / 65(Keepalive_timeout ==
2016 connections per seconds.

So i would suggest to decrease keepalive_timeout to 5sec directive and
increase worker_connections to 60000.

Also make sure to decrease timeout values.

Regards.
Shahzaib