strange behavior for cache manager

Roman Arutyunyan arut at nginx.com
Wed May 13 12:26:26 UTC 2015

Hello,

On 10 Apr 2015, at 13:36, stanojr <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:

> Can confirm this bug, we have same problem. But i dont know yet how to
> reproduce it.
> Nothing strange in logs. error_log set to notice level

Here’s a patch providing a workaround for the problem and logging more
information about cache entry lock problems.

http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-ru/2015-May/055937.html

Note that most probably this problem occurs when one of nginx workers is
killed manually.  With the patch applied, nginx cache manager skips cache
entries which seem to be locked by a killed worker and logs an error.

We’d like to receive more feedback from people experiencing this problem.
For this please apply the patch and post (or just watch) error.log with the
“notice” loglevel since nginx start.

--
Roman Arutyunyan