nginx on Debian: dynamic network interfaces

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed May 27 13:30:53 UTC 2015

Hello!

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 09:51:40AM +0200, B.R. wrote:

> The keyword here is 'dynamic'.
>
> I even modified the service configuration to depend on 'named', but the
> thing is that being dynamic, the network and name resolution dependency
> might be fulfilled while the actual service is not ready yet. Those
> dependencies might (dis)appear following this 'hot-plug' behavior and
> services should adapt to this.
> 'auto' (synchronous) differs from 'hot-plug' (asynchronous).
>
> Is there really nothing you can do on your side about it?
> It is a little tiresome to see both parts throwing the ball back.

As I already tried to explain, that's not about "both parts", but
rather about configuration you wrote for both parts.  It's up to
you to change configuration to something consistent.  You have to
either change your OS configuration (to ensure that appropriate
names are resolvable on nginx start), or change your nginx
configuration (to ensure it won't try to resolve names).

http://nginx.org/