403 forbidden with lynx www browser

Sylvain BERTRAND sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 23:43:20 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 06:41:39PM +0100, B.R. wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 2:07 PM, Sylvain BERTRAND <
> sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Then, if I understand well, it's a CloudFlare mistake, who happens to use
> > nginx only.
> >
> > That makes sense, and is quite unfair for nginx to be displayed while
> > applying
> > CloudFlare blocking.
> >
> > That's really mis-leading.
> >

> The 'Server' header from the response is 'cloudflare-nginx', not 'nginx',
> btw, as all the CloudFlare-hosted websites show.
> That means it is a custom webserver based, even remotely, on nginx. I find
> it quite useful, rather than misleading: it is definitely not stock nginx.

The server header gives more information but what's displayed in the xhtml body
of the 403 response is "nginx" only which is what will be displayed in the user
www browser, and that's mis-leading and unfair for nginx. Maybe somebody
should contact CloudFlare to make them modify their response bodies from stock
nginx.

--
Sylvain