dynamically rate_limit ?

reddwarf nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Sep 1 12:55:36 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

I'm after a way to dynamically adjust bandwidth in nginx.

Current vhost setup is:
maximum connections 10
max connection per client ip = 2
maximum rate per connection = 8Mbit

Ideally, 5 clients x 2 connections x 8Mbit rate = 80 Mbit = 10 clients x 1
connection x 8Mbit rate

What I would prefer is to set the limit_rate statement as a dynamical
function of maximum shared bandwidth divided by the number of active
connections
therefore, first connection would get full 80Mbit, second connection 40Mbit
and so on

I did some search about this a year ago and couldn't find anything matching
this functionality

Has anything changed that would enable the above functionality ?

Thanks,
Miro

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,261362,261362#msg-261362