root and alias with php5-fpm

Kristofer Pettijohn kristofer at cybernetik.net
Tue Sep 8 14:23:08 UTC 2015

> No - the last argument to try_files is different to the other arguments.
>
> If this last argument is used, you get an internal redirect to the url
> /grant/index.php?$args, and the appropriate location{} to handle that
> request is chosen from scratch.
>
> Which shows exactly what you see, which is not what you want.

When I do that, and use "root" instead of "alias" inside of "location
/grant", it works.  However, inside of the path I need to create a
symlink "ln -s . grant/" with how the root directive looks for any
static files.  This is the part I am trying to avoid.  Which tells me
that I should be using "alias" instead of "root"

But then if I use "alias", it breaks completely, which I do not understand.

If I use @fallback, I see the same exact behavior with root vs. alias,
as I see when I use "/grant/index.php?$args" in try_files.