Multiple server blocks using spdy, reuseport, deferred

Andrew Hutchings ahutchings at nginx.com
Fri Sep 18 22:39:29 UTC 2015

Hi,

>From the documentation (about those two parameters):

"The listen directive can have several additional parameters specific to
socket-related system calls. These parameters can be specified in any
listen directive, but only once for a given address:port pair."

It will automatically apply to other directives using that address:port
pair.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards
Andrew

On 18/09/15 19:45, justink101 wrote:
> If we have multiple server blocks binding on https using SPDY, reuseport,
> and deferred nginx fails to start complaining about port already bound:
>
> server {
>     listen 443 deferred ssl spdy reuseport;
>     server_name app.foo.com;
> }
>
> server {
>     listen 443 deferred ssl spdy reuseport;
>     server_name frontend.bar.com;
> }
>
> What is the behavior then if we change to:
>
> server {
>     listen 443 deferred ssl spdy reuseport;
>     server_name app.foo.com;
> }
>
> server {
>     listen 443 ssl;
>     server_name frontend.bar.com;
> }
>
> Will both server blocks use SPDY, reuseport, and deferred, or only the
> first?
>
> Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,261646,261646#msg-261646

Andrew Hutchings (LinuxJedi)
Senior Developer Advocate, Nginx Inc.
Discover best practices for building & delivering apps at scale.
nginx.conf 2015: Sept. 22-24, San Francisco. http://nginx.com/nginxconf