There is a newer OCSP response but was not provided by the server

173279834462 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Sep 22 21:21:27 UTC 2015

The purpose of the ssl_stapling_file was to prime the cache. Without that
file, openssl says "OCSP response: no response sent". For nginx to load the
cache by itself, clients have to hit the same worker process a few times. I
currently have 8 worker processes, which means that the server needs at
least 8 simultaneous client who are knowledgeable and patient enough to hit
the server a few times, purging the cache of their browser each time. This
does not work seem to work all the times, however. I have a www to non-www
redirection with stapling enabled on both. Hitting www does not fill the
cache, and I keep seeing "OCSP response: no response sent". Am I missing
something?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,261716,261744#msg-261744