Headers More module is not working in nginx-devel

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Wed Apr 6 13:42:51 UTC 2016

Hello,

On 4/6/16 8:53 AM, meteor8488 wrote:
> Thanks. You're right. After I load the module, it works.
>
> Another question is for now I have 3 modules
>
> -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    17K  4  6 07:27 ngx_http_geoip_module.so*
> -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    25K  4  6 07:27
> ngx_http_headers_more_filter_module.so*
> -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   328K  4  6 07:27 ngx_http_lua_module.so*
>
> But it seems I only need to load ngx_http_headers_more_filter_module.so. For
> geoip and lua module, even though I didn't load them, they are still
> working.
>
> So is there any differences between these modules? Why some of them need to
> be loaded before use, some are not?

Most likely you are not using those modules in your configuration. You
will only get a complaint from nginx if they are referenced in your
configuration file(s) and not loaded.

Since you built nginx from FreeBSD ports, you can look at
/usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf-dist and it will show all the modules
that have been built and need to be loaded dynamically if used.

--
Jim Ohlstein

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the
difference." - Mark Twain